Total Pageviews

Sunday, March 6, 2011

The thrill of tangling

It is so relaxing to tangle that I've made it a part of  my daily routine. It doesn't matter when or where I tangle, as long as I do. One, two, maybe even three tangles serve to regenerate my mind and body! It really is a form of meditation as you get lost in it. I'm hosting a small gathering of friends to share this creative art form with, but believe me, you don't have to be an artist to enjoy or create a tangle.
The other day I was speaking with a friend about tangling and she started to laugh. When I asked why she was laughing at me, she said she hadn't seen me so enthused about anything as I am about this in a long time. I thought about that for a while and you know what? She was right. This winter has been long and brutal. Cloistered in the house, I have had cabin fever to the point where I couldn't get out of my own way. Well, that is over! Even though we still have snow in the yard, I can get out and walk and best of all, tangling has saved me from depression. What could be better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment