Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Changes & Balance

Life changes, the economy changes, politics change and most of all, WE change. It's funny, or maybe a better word would be interesting, how we manage to adjust to the changes in our lives and keep our sense of humor when the world around us is in chaos.

Zentangle is the best way I can think of to regain balance in my life... creatively, personally and mentally. I thought I'd never find a way to relax that would allow me to create at the same time. Now I know why my mother always supplied me with a box of crayons along with paper and coloring books as a kid. She knew how to keep me quiet, but to also allow the process of relaxation to take hold. Now that I think about it, I was pretty chilled-out after a good crayon to paper session.

It took me years to realize I was an artist at heart. Some of us take longer to find our way than others, but I truly believe we are all born with that gift, even if it amounts to stick people. Many famous people in the art field started out with stick people.

Please join me for a tangling class, you'll be glad you did. I love it when my students reach the "aha" moment. They don't say it, but I can see it on their faces when they reach that deep stage of relaxation and meditation while tangling their design. No artistic ability is necessary, just a willingness to have an open mind about experiencing an adventure into new territory, or possibly learning another step in the tangling journey you have already begun.

Relax - Reflect - Renew - Replenish and Reveal your inner being with the help of Zentangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment