Total Pageviews

Monday, December 5, 2011

Craft Fairs & Zentangle

Always in search of students and customers, I decided to register for a few craft fairs this year using Zentangle as my launch pad. It is gratifying when consumers step up to your booth and say they are familiar with the art form and engage in a conversation about it. Other consumers listen and then they step up and ask for more information.
I took my tangling a bit further than tiles. I have four books out with another on its way. I also made a bunch of ornaments with tangled designs on them and I made up some jewelry. The earrings and pins went over the best, though the books did okay, too.

When making these little gems (LOL), the best part for me was creating on a surface that isn't usually the norm. Buyers found them interesting and often called them sea glass, but the pins were made from glass, clear, frosted or solid colores. The earrings were made from 140 lb. watercolor paper and then covered with an acrylic finish to create stamina. I added a small bead and that's all there was to it. Easier than pie. I've added some photos for you to see. Let me know what you come up with. The sky is literally the limit here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment