Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Who'd Have Thought?

I don't generally sign up to do art fairs and such. The time spent there is grueling, but with my brilliant (tongue in cheek, by the way) idea of networking and promoting my tangling books and artwork, I decided early in the year to give it a go.

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to participate in an art festival in the lovely town of Barrington, RI which borders the ocean. Lots of great people came through my booth and asked me about Zentangle. Just the word "Zentangle" in my booth brought more and more questions, interest, and of course, sales. (which is wonderful, I might add) I sold tangled pendants, pins, ornaments, and the tangling books I authored. To add spice to each book sale, I gave two tiles, a pencil and blending stump to the buyer. Everyone likes to get a little something extra.

As the day progressed, I realized how hard hit we all are in this economy. Large items didn't sell well at any of the booths, no matter what the item was. Small, inexpensive, or nicely priced merchandise walked out the door. Lots of lookers and fewer buyers, but my day was great and I met so many very nice people that the networking alone was worth it. I can't remember how many times I explained what Zentangle is until I did a small demo to show people. The teachers who came by the booth were very intrigued and interested in sharing this at their prospective schools. This is promising!!!

This coming weekend I will do a fundraiser for Multiple Sclerosis and again promote Zentangle. It is a show I did last year. Buyers tend to look for the same vendors over and over, so let's hope it's a good time for all.

If you have a story to share, tell me, I would love to post it for you!!!
Until next time...

Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment