Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2011

Time & Days

It seems there aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish all I would like to, but even if there were, I would be wishing there were more, so... Getting the most out of my work day begins with an early morning routine of checking my email, my websites and blogs. This takes about an hour, but it's very important. I like to stay in touch with what is happening outside my own little world. I then gauge what I need to get done and set my list accordingly. A mental list is good, but writing it down seems to make it more imposing for me.

I get started right away while my energy level is high and things are running smoothly. I've managed to assemble a studio that doesn't look like a bomb had gone off, and I endeavor to keep it that way. In between artwork projects, I try to do household things like laundry, dishwasher starting (thank goodness for dishwashers), and making the bed. Dust? Who dusts? That's a Saturday job. LOL

When I break for lunch, I leave the studio. It gives me time to breathe, relax a bit so I feel refreshed when I return to work. A half hour is enough for lunch and a breath of fresh air.

The afternoon flies by. I don't know why, but it does. When my energy lags, I take a break (usually around 3 p.m.) and have a cup of tea with a light snack. Then it's back to work. My work day doesn't end at 5 like normal jobs do, but tends to go longer, sometimes to 8 or 9 at night with dinner in between. When I know I haven't enough energy for more or when things begin to go awry, I know it's time to quit.

Not everyday is long and drawn out, but when those creative juices start flowing it's important to make the most of them and TIME is of no consequence at that point. Neither is dinner, chores or anything else.

How do you manage your time? I'd like to know, so please add your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment