Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

The Art of Creativity

A creative class held at Bella Art, in Johnston, RI, yesterday was completely different from what I generally partake of. The travel teacher, who works in conjunction with Sizzix, (www.Sizzix.com),  taught the group how to make a book using odds and ends and fun things hanging around. Bits and bobs, if you will.

In an effort to make mine just a bit different, I added Zentangle and printed words to the project pages. This goes to show how much tangling has affected my life. I include it everywhere I can, from my shoes, to purses, wallets, t-shirts, pajamas, and I even carry a small journal with me everywhere I go.

When my daughter was diagnosed with cancer last November, the news threw us into a whirlwind of activity that gripped us like a blast of freezing north wind. So far, it hasn't let go and frankly, we're sick of the ride and would like to get off, please. However, that's not possible, so we've hunkered down, taken a good long look at what's important to our family and moved on from there. We have a great deal of support from family and friends, even people we don't know have reached out to all of us. It's heart warming, to say the least. But... my point here is, that Zentangle has brought me peace in the midst of chaos, it has helped calm my worries, soothed my soul, and it's added a bright spot to the dark place I found myself in.

While Zentangle isn't a be all - do all that cures every aspect of angst or what might be going on in life, it sure does have a positive effect, and for that I'm grateful.

The next time you're stressed, tangle for a bit, you'll find it helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment